Howdy companions. We have a fun 6 game slate tonight. Let’s take an early look and see if anything stands out. The ‘First Look’ will use the lines listed on Daily Face Off early on in the day. These will change, so keep an eye out for another article closer to lock which will include updated lines.
We can start off looking at the recent corsi events that each team have been generating and allowing. This will start to give a general idea for the teams in a good spot for puck possession (CF vs CA). The team corsi data is pulled from Natural Stat Trick and it has the last 15 days for this chart. It is showing that NJ against OTT has the highest combined CF and CA (opponent) on the slate.
Now we will take a look at the forwards that are priced lower but in a decent situation to pay off their salary. Specifically these are players that are currently listed on Line1 or Line2 AND PP1 or PP2 along with a salary of $3400 or less on Draft Kings.
- Wayne Simmonds (PHI – W – $3400) – DFO has him listed on Line 1 and Power Play 1. Over the last 15 days he has had a iHDCF of 3.76 and ixG of 0.51 with an average of 12.43 mins of TOI/G.
- Daniel Sprong (ANH – W – $3200) – DFO has him listed on Line 1 and Power Play 1. Over the last 15 days he has had a iCF of 10.5 with an average of 12.3 mins of TOI/G.
- Joachim Blichfeld (SJ – W – $2500) – DFO has him listed on Line 1 and Power Play 1. Over the last 15 days he has had a iCF of 10.7 with an average of 12.53 mins of TOI/G.
There are some good value plays with lower salary players are on the top two lines even they aren’t on a power play unit. These players are priced at $3200 or less and are on either Line 1 or Line 2 but no Power Play.
- Antti Suomela (SJ – C – $2500) – DFO has him listed on Line 2. Over the last 15 days he has had a iCF of 11.2 with an average of 12.53 mins of TOI/G.
There are 1 players that meet the criteria for this list of value plays on defense. They each have a salary of $3400 or less and are on a top two defensive pairing and a power play unit.
- Vince Dunn (STL – $3400) – First defensive pairing with
Alex Pietrangelo and on PP2 as well.
That’s it for the Early Look. Check back in later when more lines are updated on DFO.
[Note from John: This has been a beta test for functionality. Many improvements will be made as well as additional content.]