Week 5 was pretty straight forward apart from the Zacch attack 3k punt that everyone seemed drawn to like sirens sitting atop crashing rocks in the middle of the ocean. Moving onto week 6 let’s identify those fish plays and try to make a nice pivot or two against leverage the field. I think there are some clear options to get away from bad chalk and help us climb the leader board. Let’s get into it:
Reminder: The majority of these plays can be played in GPPs, but my focus will be on players who – based on raw data, match-ups, & price – I believe are the best plays for a single entry & 3-max contest. To ship a major GPP you’ll likely have to play a < 1% guy, which carries too much risk for this article.
Main Slate TOP PLAYS
• Deshaun Watson – although he hasn’t been super sharp this year, I think he’s in a get back-to-form spot here. Texans have a clear pass-block advantage, and TEN ranks an abysmal 25th in pass-rush. His stacking options are super clear which helps when building your LU.
• Tom Brady – this is more of a GPP leverage play. He’s going to be
low owned and finally has all his weapons back. I feel like GB/TB is
going to shoot out and Brady stacks aren’t going to be popular.
• Ryan Fitzpatrick – paid off big last week and he hardly gets a price increase. They play the Jets and have advantages everywhere (pass blocking, pass coverage (Jets 2nd worst)…etc.). He’s still in the 5k range. No respect for Fitz magic
• Derrick Henry – no surprise here. The guy is getting more touches than any RB in the league. Texans are 20th in run defense and 19th in tackling. Henry will likely get 3+ carries inside the 5 and almost a lock for 1 TD
• Mike Davis & David Montgomery – I’ve paired these two because they’re in the same game, but it may be the one time where playing opposing RBs in the same LU can pay off in a big way. They are both seeing INCREDIBLE usage in the passing game, and have Davis projected for 6 targets and Montgomery projected for 7 targets, which is just insane at his price of 5.8k
• PUNT: Devonte Freeman – the pivot off Phillip Lindsay ownership. Giants are no bueno, and what you’re hoping here is a few catches and for him to fall into the EZ. But you’re banking on the same thing for Lindsay. So if Freeman can outscore Lindsay then you’re going to zoom by everyone in your contests. WSH is middle of the road in run defense (15th) and tackling (17th).
• Adam Theilen – incredible CB matchup against AJ Terrell who is terrible. 1/3 of the target share on the team and getting nearly 60%!! of the RZ targets. Love him this week
• A.J. Brown – under priced due to the late game last week. Returned last week and saw 9 targets and will likely see around the same this week and he’s in the 5K range. Best WR value outside of the 3k punt guys
• DeVante Parker – my stacking preference with Fitz magic and an easy run back with Crowder who is just a target monster no matter the WB. If you don’t want to go with Miami/NYJ, then I love myself some Kenny Golladay, who will be highly owned but not bad chalk
• Mark Andrews – the TEs on this slate aren’t all that exciting which leads me to probably a 2.5k punt since I’m okay with a zero. But if you have the money to pay up, then plug in Andrews as the safe floor and highest projected ceiling. Strong matchup and will be low owned due to price tag, but he’s Lamar’s #1b WR option.
• Irv Smith or Anthony Firkser (2.5K boys) – complete punts and can give you a zero, but once you find yourself okay with that possibility you reach a real DFS nirvana. I’m punting because I love the rest of my LU. You’re hoping for one of them catch a short TD and payoff big for you at this min price.
Good luck this week!